IMTS 2018 - International Manufacturing Technology Show
IMTS 2018 – The Americas’ Largest Manufacturing Show
Show Dates: September 10-15, 2018 | September 14-19, 2020
Show Location: McCormick Place • 2301 S Lake Shore Dr • Chicago, IL 60616 USA
Official Website: https://www.imts.com
Organizer: AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology
IMTS 2018 will be the 32nd edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. IMTS 2016 hosted the highest number of exhibiting companies ever (2,407) and was the third largest in number of registrations (115,612) and in net square feet of exhibit space (1,370,256) at the McCormick Place complex. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts buyers and sellers from 117 countries.
Visitor Show Hours
- East Building, Level 2 & West Building, Level 3 Annex: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- East Building, Level 3 & West Building, Level 3: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- North Building, Level 3 & South Building, Level 3: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world attend IMTS to see more than 15,000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that can improve their efficiency. They gain valuable ideas and insights from more than 2,400 exhibitors from the metalworking industry. They come to look and they come to buy.
More than 2,400 exhibitors from the metalworking industry will display their products and productivity solutions at McCormick Place in Chicago covering 1.3 million net square feet of show floor. Leading manufacturers will display their equipment in product category pavilions:
- Metal Cutting: contains everything from machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories.
- Fabricating & Laser: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment and heat treating.
- Other pavilions at IMTS include Abrasive Machining /Sawing/Finishing; Controls & CAD –CAM; EDM; Gear Generation; Machine Components/ Cleaning/ Environmental; Additive and Quality Assurance.
Japan External Trade Organization will exhibit with Japanese companies below.
JETRO is a government-related organization that promotes mutual trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world. JETRO assists foreign direct investment into Japan, and helps small to medium-sized Japanese firms maximize their global business potential. JETRO has 120 offices in 54 countries.
This year, JETRO will bring 10 companies from Japan to showcase Japan’s manufacturing technology and quality manufactured products at the IMTS.
The Japanese products to be exhibited include chip saw, winch, medical fine components, speed reducer, metal surface grinding machine, illuminated magnifier, overhead crane, and more. The technology for precision cutting and precision sheet metal processing will also be showcased in the event.
- Amitec Corporation
- Fujiseiki Co., Ltd.
- Gogoh Co., Ltd.
- Kamiya Saw & Knife Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Kobayashi Manufacture
- Makishinko Co., Ltd.
- Maxpull Machinery & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Nisino Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Otsuka Optics Co., Ltd.
- Sanken Industry Co., Ltd.