Vote for your favorite recipe created by Chef Dale Talde and win a trip for 2 to Japan!
Contest Period: Nov. 1, 2017 ~ Feb. 28, 2018
Vote from here: http://us.jnto.go.jp/food/
Tea Steamed Red Snapper, Matcha Salsa Verde, Crispy Brussels Sprouts
American Red Snapper: 4 fillets (6-8 oz. each)
Olive Oil: 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Water: 2 cups
Matcha (Green Tea) Powder: 1 tbsp.
“Matcha Salsa Verde”
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1.5 cups
Matcha Powder: 2 tbsp.
Garlic: 2 cloves (minced)
Shallots: 1 large (finely chopped)
Parsley (pick leaves): 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Cilantro (pick leaves): 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Soy Sauce: 1/2 cup
Japanese Rice Vinegar: 1/2 cup
“Crispy Brussels Sprout”
Olive Oil: 3 tbsp.
Brussels Sprout: 1 lb.
Garlic: 1 clove
Salt: 2 tsp.
– Sprinkle salt and olive oil on fish fillets.
– In a bowl, mix matcha and olive oil together. Whisk in rice vinegar. Chop all ingredients and add to the bowl.
– Heat a pan very hot. Add olive oil and add Brussels Sprouts. Add a garlic and season salt. Fry them until they become crispy about 10-15 minutes.
– In a pan with a steam rack, or a large sauté pan with a ceramic plate, place fish onto the plate. Then add 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of matcha to pan, then, cover with foil. Steam for 8-10 minutes until done.
– Put matcha verde sauce on plates and arrange a fish fillet and Brussels Sprouts on top of it.
There are a million reasons to fall in love with Japan! Explore them all them all and start planning your ONLY IN JAPAN GETAWAY today! http://us.jnto.go.jp/top/index.php